No matter where we are in the world, "the best adventure ever" is where we choose for it to be! I had been feeling like because it had been so many years since we had been on an International adventure that we were slacking. As I look at this picture I realized that the discoveries that I love and crave about International travel can be found anywhere in the world, as long as my eyes are open. We met a man who used to live in India who was taking the train to Mt. Shasta to climb it. On the way to the train station his taxi hit something. (Kai had a great conversation with him.) We met him because we all went to Union Station instead of King Street Station...which we found together. We got to walk through wafting cigarette smoke into a dirty old train station and I felt so at home...Kai got car sick from the bus ride into Seattle and a woman who lives in Bellevue was putting her dad on the train to go back to Portland to visit her sister. She had peppermints that she had packed for her father that she offered to Kai. (Who was sitting on the dirty train station floor ready to PUKE.) I was transported to the train station floors that I sat on all over Europe and the people that I met that were putting their fathers on the train heading back to Rome or Paris...offering us water or advice or in the case of one of my traveling buddies jewelry. The above picture was taken in Lacey at the train station that was deserted except for two elderly volunteers who just love trains. This train station could have been in Southern Germany. (I've been to one similar with a similar cast of characters!)
I guess we all are really more alike than we are different!
2 comments:
Way to go...nice writing. What a gift!
It really does look like someplace in Europe.
Post a Comment