Monday, March 19, 2007

Gifts



Today is my 35Th birthday. My favorite birthday present was getting to be with the people I love most in life. One of the things Alex and I did...in premarital counseling...was (try to) figure out what "love language" we are and "coach" each other so we can love each other in our "language". (Gifts, Physical Touch, Words of Affirmation, and Quality Time... there is one more, I can't remember it...oh! Acts of service) I love the gifts that I received for my birthday (especially the handmade onyx necklance because it was so thoughtful.) The gift that rules over all for me is the gift of being with the people I love. Quality Time rules over anything that anyone could ever buy for me (I love hand made things and I love gifts that I can keep forever-most of those gifts are memories!) Thanks for taking the time out to spend my birthday with me, and thanks Mom and Dad for a wonderful dinner!

3 comments:

Robert said...

Warm birthday wishes for you...hope your day is filled with fun and happiness...and well for some more fun just hop over to my blog on Birthday Wishes sometime and enjoy all that i've posted there!!!

Jennie said...

I don't know who "Robert" is...I bet you wish you could spend some 'quality time' with him, huh?
Random!!

Croftermom said...

Who is Robert? Is that someone like Katherine?