
Some things have been happening to me lately that make me wonder about my alleged creative streak. I am really wondering if I've ever really had one. Take for instance my blog. I was really excited about the format I chose, and the color scheme. It took me a long time to decide on it and then with a swift strike of the 'enter' key...it was done. I felt so good about it. I clicked on my Mom's blog so I could direct her to mine. IT WAS EXACTLY THE SAME COLOR! (and format) Although Mom's was more detailed and her profile is complete. Exhibit B: A few months ago I spent HOURS (days, weeks?) looking for curtains for our living room. I went back and forth...custom made...catalog? cheap...expensive? IKEA...or Horchow? While in Tuesday Morning looking for throw pillows I stumbled across THE PERFECT CURTAINS! I turned the corner and there they were-heavenly beam of light shining on them and everything! A flicker of doubt crossed my mind and I bravely recited my "good is good enough" mantra (that perfection thing again). I was (again) so proud of myself. The color combination was a little edgy, I felt like I was so hip. While I was waiting for the call from Architectural Digest, I stopped by my Mom's house to show my prize to her. I brought them in, set them on the entry table and went to use her "powder room". Her powder room that was EXACTLY the same color hip combination. hmmm. Still waiting for that call.
1 comment:
Martha calls me all the time. She has the same observation. hehe.
Post a Comment