Friday, May 25, 2007

Before











For Alex's birthday Mom and Dad, Brian and Jennie, and Kevin and Sherry gave Alex a day of working in our yard. The greatest gift they could have ever given him. Our backyard has never been completed...we moved in August of 2002...it has always been a "thorn in our side". We got so much accomplished. (I actually have a skirt on my deck FINALLY! Thanks Brian) (He also took out this very evil thorned tree that I have scratched myself on too many times to mention!) Our yard was pruned, weeded, topsoiled, (Dad the super pruner!) (Sherry who was ready to do anything on the list!). Kevin built us a privacy screen. Alex and Kevin moved a 400lb rock that they bought up stairs and into our backyard...Even sweet Jennie with Jameson (who is now 8 weeks old) not only cooked but shoveled! I can't even list all of the things that everybody did so I am putting in a picture of our "list" of work to do. Mom wasn't there on Saturday until late but she spent hours with me at flower world choosing the plants on Thursday and moved 1100lbs of rock with me on Friday. She also came over Sunday to place the plants and plant them. Actually, without her, none of this could have happened, it was her idea. And she was the one that helped me prepare (on Wednesday I still did not even have a plan of action until she called me and "woke me up".)
We are so excited that our yard is finally basically done!!!! Thanks to our awesome family! It would have taken us so much time to accomplish what we have in just one weekend. I have to say, I love that about our family. When somebody needs something, we all pitch in and help. It's nice to know we can support each other in that way. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, from the bottom of our hearts.

3 comments:

Croftermom said...

Cute, cute blog!!!

Sarah said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see it in person. Isn't God the greatest to have placed us in such wonderful families! We truly are blessed, thank you for reminding me to appreciate my family.

Jennie said...

Your family are amazing workers! I only wish I could've done more to help out!