Thursday, September 27, 2007

My goal!




Is to be able to do this!


I can across this picture and I love it! Our family is officially addicted to surfing and I miss the ocean. In our new search to love all things Washington (a post for later) was thinking about a conversation I had with our old next door neighbor about how Westport, WA is a surfing HOT SPOT! And Fall is the best time to surf. So I started searching for "surfing in Washington".




This does not inspire me at all. And it doesn't look like a HOT spot to me.
But in a way I'd really love to try surfing in Washington. (I wouldn't try in those waves though because that just looks like a lot of arm work for no payoff.) How cold could it possibly be in a full wetsuit with a hood, gloves and booties? We all got totally hooked on surfing in Hawaii this year. It's addicting. It's more addictive than golf after you've hit one great drive or fishing after you've hooked one huge fish. (Which is basically all I did..a few great but wobbly rides into shore and the beginning of a couple turns.)
Here are some pictures from our surfing adventures in Hawaii...



ALEX













Kai





Maya (she only rode in on her knees but she loved it.)


Here I am getting up on the board for the first time and Jay is in the background. I love this picture!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

that looks so fun! Next time I go to Hawaii I am going to try surfing!