Thursday, January 31, 2008

To fuel my addiction!

Words of wisdom from my mother...In September as I was starting to tally up how much getting the family outfitted for skiing was costing/going to cost us my mom had some great advice. I don't remember verbatim but it was something along the lines of: don't count it, it will be a wonderful family memory. (Sorry mom, I bottom-lined it.) So I stopped (counting). We did budget for skiing though. I did not take into consideration how much I was going to LOVE it. (For myself and for my family!) We've already blown through our budget and now after renting each time we go I am craving my own gear. So (fun is never fun if you have to go into debt for it) (and we are not going to increase our salary for it) I have been scouring my gargage for things to sell!
Last night I sold my jogger! $80.00 for the ski fund. I've also canceled my housecleaner for the season and postponed my hair appointments (good thing my hair is longer now and only one color). Now, instead of paying for those things I am going to do it myself and then pay myself for them. So, my roots are showing and Alex is tripping over the dust bunnies-but I have $300.00 in my ski fund! Just kidding, the house looks fine. It's tidy just not clean all at the same time. I am going to color my hair out of a box for a few months and enjoy these memories that we are making together as a family!

2 comments:

Croftermom said...

GOOD THING YOUR MOM IS SO WISE!

Jennie said...

Way to go on the jogger! I love selling things and using the cash for those 'wants'. Totally guilt free spending! ;-)