Monday, January 28, 2008

Working from the Home Office...

I love snow days!
So, I didn't get everything scratched off my task list for UltraEcho...
but I reached an even more important benchmark...


I taught the kids how to build a (half) igloo. You can probably tell by the pictures, we scavanged all of the snow in our front (side) yard and all of the snow off the deck. *At one point I turned around and had a major deja vu because the last time I built an igloo I think I was 19 and my brother Kevin was 9??? Now Kai is 9...YIKES! That was a strange feeling! It was a lot of fun for a little while until I realized the kids were "over" the whole idea and exhausted. (It had turned into more about me finishing it and less about us all having fun. Apparently a little manual labor goes a long way when you are packing snow in Sterilite containers! I wonder how many calories I burned.) Around 1:00 we quit and the kids had some pizza and movie time while I got to work. All in all a PERFECT day working from home. I feel blessed!





1 comment:

Croftermom said...

You have indeed reached a benchmark. You recognized that it had become your goal, not theirs!