We just returned from our annual "Christmas trip". Instead of giving presents my mom and dad give us money toward a vacation that we can all take together... this year (for 4 years in a row now) we have gone to DISNEYLAND! We had such a great time and the weather was beautiful. Mid 70's to Mid 80's and not a cloud in the sky. Every year is a little different and this year was no exception. In year's past Maya has been all about princesses...dressing up as one and parading around the park, wanting to get their autographs, hanging around Fantasyland...obsessed with the castle. This year she brought all of her costumes but only wore one (Ariel) on one of the days. She dressed up as Minnie (until it got too hot). Another strange thing: she was afraid of most of the rides in the beginning-even ones she used to not be afraid of. She did end up warming up to all of her old favorites (Big Thunder Mountain)(Matterhorn) but only after we damaged her by forcing her to go on Indiana Jones! I think she was so scared on that ride she realized that everything else was easy?
Kai is all about the extreme rides and this year we discovered the magic of sitting in the front row of the rides! My favorite? California Screamin (in the front row). Saturday night Alex and Kai stayed late after we all we all returned to the hotel...they went on it at night in the front row and said it is even better that way!
Maya is like her Mom. Upon returning last night she was in her bed SOBBING (I wasn't sobbing on the outside) that we had to come back home. (She misses California and Disneyland.) She did the same thing when we left Maui last year.
She has the "Wanderlust" that I've been blessed/cursed with. So now I am teaching her about being thankful...that we got to go, happy...remembering what fun we had and looking forward to...our next trip together.
1 comment:
I'm glad you had a good trip. But how could you not, in the 'Happiest Place on Earth'! That photo of Kai with his ipod really shows how much he is growing up. I sense 'preteen' sometime soon! :)
Post a Comment