Friday, February 15, 2008

Life's Detours

Maya is sick. Wednesday night she started throwing up around 4 and continued (off and on) until 6. She didn't have a fever...nothing other than the tummy stuff. I was kicking myself because I have this homeopathic remedy which (after putting 5 little pills under your tongue) stops vomiting immediately but I forgot to replenish my supply after the last time I ran out!
(it is called Ipecacuanha and 30c is the dosing for illness)

She woke up and was fine(ish) and when I realized that she wasn't going to be better enough to go to school I called my mom and asked her if Maya could come to her house while I worked in Kai's classroom for his Valentines Day party (i'm room mom). She said yes and I packed Maya up and had to stop by the party store to pick up the balloons for the party (went OK) then was on my way to the health food store (to pick up Ipecacuanha) when she puked ALL OVER THE BACK OF MY CAR!!! (Not technically new any more but still smells smelled new) She managed to hit quite a few different things-booster seat, all of her clothes, pink shearling boots, floor mats, floor, seat, front of seat, my seat, her ski coat...and again I was kicking myself because I brought something for her to be sick in (my tip of the day: a gallon sized zip lock they work wonders because you can zip up the sickness after they are sick!) and it was sitting on the floor in the front!

SO....I pulled over, assessed, hugged. Continued driving to the health food store (without cleaning her up) bought the remedy, (gave it to Maya right away) drove to the school (on my way home) dropped off the party supplies and talked to the teacher, dropped off Maya's Valentines to her class, drove home and got Maya in a bath while I called one of the mom's that was coming in to volunteer to ask her to take the lead on the party and then got Maya down for a nap and cleaned my car for the next 2 hours. I called Alex and said "just in case you were planning on buying me flowers for Valentines Day (he was) would you buy me a car wash/vacuum instead?" (YES!)

Anyway, she is still a little under the weather. She ended yesterday with a fever, although she felt well enough to eat when she woke from her nap. She woke up today with a sickness "hangover". We'll see how today progresses.

I was telling my girlfriend about all of this and she made the comment that this is was a "Life Detour" and that these happen to her all of the time. Then we started thinking and realized that they never happen to me. (do they??)

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Poor Maya, and poor YOU! Yuck. Puke is the WORST! I'm going to have to get that remedy you mentioned...and ziplocks!