I got Maya's tummy bug. Have you ever been woken up from a deep sleep projectile vomiting???? It is not pretty. I am 35, I have been throwing up for years and I could barely make it to the bathroom! No wonder Maya was sick all over her bed and my car. No fever, no achiness...just tummy.
I am better now. My sweet girlfriend Nida sent homemade chicken noodle soup to my house and my kids took care of me (AND BETTER YET...THEMSELVES!!) all day yesterday. Look at the picture. I told them they could make their own lunch and they had to include a protein, fat and carbohydrate...the menu that they came up with:
Wheat toast with peanut butter on one, all fruit on the other (Maya gets wheat toast with almond butter and honey), grapes, Baba's homemade sourcraut (that spelling looks off) and a piece of a pastry that I made Saturday night. Oh, and their own can of root beer (which they were so excited about but didn't finish...) FUNNY!! They moved their table outside of my room so that they could keep me company without getting my germs. Kai brought me dry toast, crackers and water and even "suggested" to me that it "might be a good idea for me to go to sleep right now" when Kai was going to bed.
Anyway, I spent most of yesterday in bed, recovering. Did you know that you can view all of abc, and nbc's shows on the internet for free, full episodes??? Probably can on cbs too but I don't know of any shows on cbs that are good...I watched tv on my laptop in bed. I also searched for condos to rent in Maui because SO MUCH IS BOOKED ALREADY! we don't usually plan our trip until May but I am glad we are starting early this year...I got the last 2 seats on the flight that we like that were 50K airmiles each!!! I am waiting to buy tickets for Alex and I, hoping they go down-there are only 65 seats left....Hopefully some of those seats are being held by travel agents and they will be released...otherwise it is going to cost us $1000.00 a ticket!
Anyway, I found a condo (not at our usual place) which should be fun. Also right on the water but this one has been fully updated. It actually looks nice, for only $15.00 more per night.
One teeny tiny problem...it doesn't have a/c. Alex is going to kill me. Oh well, at least we will be in paradise!
No comments:
Post a Comment