Thursday, September 13, 2007

10 YEARS!!!


I can't believe that today Alex and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary!
We always thought we would do something really amazing for our 10 year. Today we will be taking Kai to soccer practice! It makes me laugh. That's life right?
(we are going out to dinner Saturday night though)

I feel so thankful for Alex and the type of man (husband, father) that he chooses to be. When I chose to marry him, I had NO IDEA how hard marriage would be---
God has grown both of us so much and truly (especially for me) rubbed off (at least some) of my rough edges. We are on the same team, going toward the same goals each of us doing our best and trying to put the other person first. (And to quote my mom "Ascribing good intentions") I married Alex knowing that I had to marry him for who he was September 13, 1997...with no thought in my mind that I could ever change anything about him. Even so, I could see "potential". I could have never imagined at the time that he would be who he is now. I get to spend my life with him??? I SO do not deserve this. Thank you Jesus for this precious gift. I will never take it for granted.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Congratulations! It's so great to hear you talk about Alex and your marriage in such a positive tone. You are an inspiration!

Sarah said...

Wow, 10 years! I love that you and Alex are so in love, I hope to grow my marriage and continue to be closer and happier every year. God really blessed us with Great Husbands!