Sunday, September 9, 2007

Re-Entry



Repeat after me...the glass is half full...the glass is half full...the glass is half full.....coming home is always hard!
I love Maui. The first time I went I thought it was going to be UNBEARABLY boring. No culture...what are we going to do...sightsee...wear....it isn't EUROPE, after all. I have always loved to travel, and always found it hard returning to reality. This year, it was harder than ever! I love Maui! It was so different than I thought it would be (even after our 5th year going on vacation there!) In Hawaii my skin clears up from its adult-onset acne, I wake up at 6:00am (at the latest) naturally (no alarm clock) and 10 years of aging is erased from my face and body almost overnight, I get to go in the ocean (my dream) I get to hike and play with my family (and my brother that I hadn't seen since Christmas and his great girlfriend and her adorable kiddo) I eat the foods that my body gravitates towards naturally (fish and vegetables) and I am WARM!!! ( I love to be warm. It is 70 degrees right now and 8:00pm) (I LOVE IT!!!)

My mom and dad are on their way home right now and I am thinking about them. My mom loves Maui more than I do. I am so glad that it is supposed to be 83 tomorrow. Hopefully her reentry will be easier than mine!

I will write more about our trip later- it was our best vacation ever!
Welcome home Mom and Dad! It was fun hanging out with you guys over there (for a few days at least!)

No comments: